Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"don't worry about it!"

I was going to blog about a few different things, but I just fixed the bridge on my mandolin and I am literally aching to play it right now so it will have to wait. I will leave you with a few vague thoughts that have been running through my mind today, as well as great things that happened in my day.

thoughts:


* I have been thinking about why I love guys so much. Not in a "I want to date them" but more a "wow I just love guys, I love their friendship and I just really appreciate all that they are" sort of way. ( I am talking about good guys. Guys that aren't so arrogant that their head will blow up if they can't talk about them selves at least every hour.) I love that once you get past the awkward beginning stages of a friendship with them they are the greatest friends to have. They will love you just because they love you. You don't have to do anything special to make them love you. Also if you are hurt in any way, they seem to care. No matter how close you are, if they find out you are hurt or upset they don't mind being there for you. I just really love the way they think. So if you are a guy friend and you are reading this, Know that I really love you and appreciate all that you are in my life. You mean so much to me. :]


* Also thinking about my personal testimony, and when my walk stopped being based on my families walk and it became just my walk with God. Just Him and I. How much God has done in my life over the last few years of it. It blows my mind.


*How one person changing can effect so many people that love them. One person can just completely turn away from everything that was honorable about them and burn bridges with so many friends and not care. It leaves those friends who care feeling really sad and hurt.




Great things that happened today:

1: I fixed the bridge on my mandolin.
2: Found the mandolin music for the song "Drunken Sailor"
3: Got to teach my Intermediates again for the first time since before Christmas. I have missed them.
4: One of my intermediates who hurt their ankle is back again. :]
5: Got to spend the afternoon with Amber. It was beautiful! Her awesomeness is one of the greatest to bask in.
6: Got a call from the school in Idaho that I want to attend. (VCOM)
7: Got to see Suzie at work. It has been a while.
8: Worked out which felt GREAT!!!
9: talked with Mrs Goll. What a great woman. :]
10: Aubrey got evaluated and signed up for classes at the Y. Now I may get to coach her. And she made it into Advanced Beginner. I'm so proud of that girl.
11: My newest Intermediate sarted handstands on beam for the first time today, and moved them up to high beam by the end of beam. She is such a champ!
12: I love my job.

All -in -all good day! :]

No comments: