Sunday, February 7, 2010

Slightly heart broken

I'm really heart broken right now.
I am just so sad to see how bitter people are toward Christianity and God in general. Christianity maybe deserves hostility but not God. I'm sad to see what people have done in the name of Jesus. They go against everything He ever taught in an attempt to feel like they were doing something for Him. Rather than going out and hating on everyone who doesn't believe in God or in His word, we need to be reaching out in love and showing them His power in a tangible way. I know so many people that are against Christianity but they only know about it as the title. So many people claim it as a title when really that is all it is to them. Like a skater or punk rocker, or Indie, or prep, or jock title. Most of these people are "Posers" though.
Christianity at it's core is truely a life lived for Christ. It is realizing that life sucks and Jesus is the only thing that brings meaning, purpose, hope and peace to life. It is a life sold out to him. It is knowing that He truly does love us more than we can imagine. It is so hard to explain to somebody. It is something that you have to experience, you can't always logic it, but it is SOOOOOOOO real.
I don't believe it because my parents make me, or because I feel pressured to. I believe it and know it because it is so real. I have felt God's power. I have seen Him do miracles. I have felt Him with me when I went through the darkest days in my life, and I now have joy that only He gives. I know it is real, and I know it is so real that I am willing to die for Christ.


I only wish that Christians would stop holding non-believers to a christian standard. You can't do that. That is taking away somebody's free will, and Christianity gets a great part of its validity from the truth that we have a free will to except Jesus.


To all those who don't believe in Christ and think all Christians are idiots, well you need to stop believing the lies you hear about Christianity. You need to realize that alot of people claim Christianity falsely. Please do some digging for yourself. Try praying to God and ask Him to reveal Himself to you in a big way. If you really mean it, He will, and it will be huge.

No comments: