Thursday, September 2, 2010

What a long day





Forgive the sloppy order of my pics. Im just feeling too lazy to care.

ok so I finally have time to update all my blogstalkers ion what is going on.
I have spent the last few weeks packing my room up, it all had to be packed. I got up at 3 am today and was at the airport with my parents and Jess by 4:30. our flight left at 6 and we were in Boise at 10:11 (11:11 Illinois time).
I got a text from someone named Elen telling me that she was picking us up. I found her thanks to the giant sign she was holding with my name on it! I have always hoped and dreamed for my own giant name sign. Hahaha
We got my 5 bags of luggage (all of them surprisingly wieghed less than 50 lb) then we headed out to get food. I rode with Elen and my parents and Jess took the rental car to the Hotel to check in.
It has been a really busy day. We then unloaded our luggage and headed off to Cobby's to get subs. Driving through downtown Boise I was getting so excited, I LOVED it right away!!!
We then went to Elen's house to look up directions to Guardian College and Brenda's house A.K.A. My new home! :]
then my parents and Jess and I headed to Brenda's. I love love love love my new home. They have 2 cute little pups and my room is perfect and the house is perfect and life is perfect.
My scooter was there in the garage. We are assembling it tomorrow. I mostly needed to stop by Brenda's to pick up my proof of health insurance that had been mailed there. Then We were off to get a checking account and drop off my applications for Guardian college. It was great to have all my paperwork filled out and handed in finally. The college shares a parking lot with a Sonic and we found ourselves there right in the middle of Happy Hour!
We were so tired by this point. We went back to the hotel and slept for a while before heading back downtown to meet with Elen and her husband and Pete for "First Thursday".
Now let me explain first thursday to you. imagine you are in Wheaton, but the downtown is like 4 times larger and in the distance you can see the mountains cradling you in. You go into the downtown which is super clean and nicely kept, then imagine you are walking down the streets and live music is flooding into your ears. All sorts of music, a blue grass trio, a Lady singing jazz, a guy with an amazing voice singing and playing a guitar outside of a pub, a man playing the saxophone along with an acoustic guitarist accompanying him, a . Music everywhere. Then as you walk you are surrounded with people riding cute bicycles and scooters, all dressed in laid back "Anthropology" apparel. There are art galleries open all over, a coffee shop/cafe on every corner sometimes even 2 on a block and people just sitting out enjoying life. I really can't even do this place justice. But I feel I should warn you in all fairness that I may not want to come back.


We then went back to the hotel and swam a bit. Its def bad time now. I am so excited to sleep in tomorrow.

I am truly ecstatic. I will take pics of my new home and pups tomorrow and maybe some of my scooter being assembled. :]
I am just feeling uber blessed and don't even know how I could be more blessed.

1 comment:

beka said...

Hmmm. Sounds like an amazing place--everyone enjoying life? Uh...some people need to learn how to even SPELL that phrase. :)
So cool, dear!