Sunday, October 3, 2010

JAMBO!!

this has been such a long weekend. Friday night I had my first night of STARS. (a motorcycle driving class) The friday night class was only 2 hours long, that was the short day. Saturday morning I had a work meeting at 7:15, then I had to be at STARS by 7:40. I only caught like 20 min of the staff meeting. At STARS we spent from 8-12 riding around on the motorcycles doing random drills, Then I had an hour lunch break before going right back for a few hours of class room time. After class was done I did some running around with Brenda and her momma and sister which included some tea so I was pleased. I headed home then to clean up. The Kenyan (Ratimo) and I had made plans to hang out once I was done with STARS. He picked me up around like 6, met Brenda and her mom and Sister and then we headed out. He was so sweet, he opened the door for me getting in and out of the car and going in and out of buildings and paid for me. We went to a Greek place downtown which was super good, and then to get frozen yogurt, then we walked around the down town for a while.HE is going to teach me Swahili!!! It was good to get out and do something. ANYWAYS..... so then I got home pretty early cause I was getting tired and had another early morning of STARS this morning.

I had to be there at 15 to 8 this morning. We spent from 8-1 driving around. We had our skills test, Im sad to admit that I BARELYYYYY failed (LAMESAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Though in my defense I had never driven a motorcycle before yesterday, so I think I did pretty good considering. I just got nervous during the test and psyched myself out.) so I have to retest. (Super lame)
Then I had a little over an hour for lunch again, then back to STARS for classroom again and the written test. Easily passed the written test. Then I drove back home again. Lots of back and forth. I only live like 5 min away so it wasn't a big deal. When I got home Brenda knew I was feeling a bit down so she made me some pasta before I left for work.


I was scheduled to work 6-midnight! Long day. I put away some movies on the shelves for a little while then did computer training for the next 4+ hours or so. When I went on break I went back to the cafe to get a drink, and the girl there (she was supposed to be training me tonight but I have to finish my comp training) said that since she was supposed to be training me she would have me make my own drink. SOOOOO....... I made myself a vanilla chai tea, which was fantastic!! The store closed right before my break was done. I helped close then came home. So I am home now. ha
Im kinda sleepy but I know I will have to wait a while because I just finished my chai tea. Im watching The Butterfly Effect while I blog.
Sorry if this is not a super exciting blog. Im tired, it has been a super long weekend.

No comments: