Friday, October 1, 2010




well....Im not really sure what to say, but I feel like I should say something. I have been working the last three days. Just learning the register and other things like that. I am learning quickly and getting it down. They can now just leave me in my lane by myself to take care of everything. There are still a few things I encounter that I am clueless on, but then I page a manager up to lane 1. This other girl I work with was telling me yesterday that I sound super nice when I am paging people. She said that her and another one of my co-workers were actually talking about it together. I say as long as they are saying nice things about me, it's all good. Hopefully I start in the cafe soon. I went and bought a drink during my break yesterday. I got a large iced vanilla chai tea. With my employee discount it came up less than 2 dollars. LOVE IT!!!! It was delicious. I really can't wait to start working in the cafe, I really like the manager. She is super cute, and well its coffee, and the cafe is the only part of the store that plays chill music. YOu know when you go into a video area in a store and on the tv screens they have a bunch of ads that they play over and over and over again? Well that is what you hear all day working the registers, the same adds over and over again. TO make it worse there is this Aragorn video game that they advertise on the tvs up front, and everytime I hear the ad I get excited thinking there is a new LOTR movie coming out so I look up, and see it is just a video game. :[ :[



I know my mom is curious about my camping trip last weekend so I guess I should give her details. We were suppossed to leave on Fri night but most of the group couldn't get there until saturday, so we waited till sat too. By "we" I mean me, Pete, and the lady Stephanie who was organizing the whole thing and giving Pete and I a ride. She was going to pick us up around 8am but got lost so it ended up being later. Cool story though, I walked out the front door to check if she was here and I looked up over the mountains and you could see hot air balloon floating over in the distance. SO cool.





So Stephanie picked us up and we headed up the mountain. It was easily over an hour drive, maybe even 2. We got there and started setting up camp. Pete and I were both camping with tents and pretty everything that was not our own, so to make it more complicated I suggested racing to see who could get there tent up the fastest. He didn't like the idea, but I told him I was racing him whether he agreed to it or not. I def won. I finished setting up mine and then helped him set up his. Then I wrote up some signs and we put them up to help the others in our group find us.

The plan for the weekend was to do survival things, like washing clothes in the river, and washing dishes with limited water, and hiking and things like that. Pete had already been on a bunch of missions trips, and I had been camping my fair share, so we ended up not doing like any of that. Some of the people in the group brought campers up. We pretty much just sat around the camp fire most of the day relaxing. We roasted hot dogs, ate too many doritos, made smores with reeses cups instead of just plain chocolate. (Best things I have ever tasted. I would recommend it.)
Then we did our nightly hygiene things like brushing our teeth with little water, found some shrubs surrounded by tall grass to pee in and then went to bed. I was so cold. Jennifer was super awesome and lent me an egg crate and an inflatable mat to sleep on because I just had two sleeping bags. Good thing. I was so cold I had to take the second sleeping bag from under me and use it to double cocoon myself, along with putting up my hood and covering my face with the sleeping bag. I was so so so so cold. In the morning we had some coffee, eggs, and french toast (I didnt eat though because I was really not hungry) then we sat around for a little while. I washed dishes in super freezing water. We packed up camp and headed down to the hot springs. That was beautiful! I am the sort of person who when presented with hot water surrounded by huge rock formations, instead of lying in the hot water I climb the rocks,bad knee and all. I did soak my feet a little while, but it was had to find a good temp of water. It was either scalding or cold. After the hot springs we headed out. Pete and I went back with Jennifer and Clayton (Clayton rode up with her sat night) because she was leaving earlier and I had homework to do.
That is pretty much more story of camping. I wish I had more exciting stories to tell, but when you are camping with all people in there late 20's or older that are super chill or just tired from working alot and being super busy you can't expect too much excitement. It was really nice though. I would love to go camping again so bad. I guess I don't really have any other news.

No comments: