Sunday, December 5, 2010

coffee terms off the day



Latte= a drink usually hot, made with espresso shots, steamed milk and topped with foamed milk.
This is what your cafe mocha is, only a mocha typically is topped with whipped cream instead of the foam and a chocolate flavor shot is added.
You can add any flavor shots available to a latte.
typical ratio of espresso to drink is;
12 oz= 1 shot
16oz= 2 shots
20oz= 3 shots
I order mine with an extra shot usually.



An Americano= the freshest cup of coffee you can get.
An americano consists of hot water and espresso shots.
The ratio we use at my work is 2 shots for a 12 oz cup
3 shots for a 16 oz
and 4 shots for a 20 oz.
You can add extra shots if you want, you can also add flavor shots.
I order mine with vanilla and room for cream.



Maybe ill post more of these in the future so if you apply to a coffee shop you can say you have some coffee knowledge. :]

2 comments:

beka said...

I seriously heart americanos.
And that is about the same way I explain that drink....the best fresh coffee. Ahhhhh LOVE!!
I'm kinda lucky--I get a tiny taste of coffee knowledge and working with it at church, because after church on Sundays we have special coffee....an espresso machine too, yo! Love it. A lovely Rancilio. :) Me likes it a bunch.

beka said...

p.s. love that billie holiday song!!