Saturday, February 5, 2011

before I forget

let me tell you about Salsa.
      It is at this little cafe downtown. There is lessons starting at 9 (i think) and after that  they just let people dance for hours. We got there too late for the lessons but it didn't matter much.
    You go into this small cafe that is crowded with people and you find a place to wait.
It is like in all the 90's movies where the girls are standing against the wall waiting for someone to ask them to dance, only the people actually on the floor dancing look amazing.
   The music is much better too.
Shekinah (the friend I went with) and I hadn't been there long before we got asked to dance. My first salsa dance was a success. I made sure I warned the guys right away that I was a novice dancer.
     It was so much fun, and I loved that I really didn't need to know too much to dance with them because they led so well. So I would dance a dance with one guy and go back to waiting. I usually only waited for one song before I got asked again to dance. It was fun because I got to dance with some really good dancers and they  had me do really cool spins and  steps. It was the best time. Not to mention it just feels really good to go out and dance and shake your hips to the music and have some Latino guy lead you around the floor.
    I am definitely planning on going weekly. It is way too much fun. I am also planning to definitely move downtown as soon as I can. Hopefully when I get back from Ecuador in June. :]

       I can't wait till my Midwest friend come to visit and I can take them salsa dancing.
                                  LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: