Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WARNING!! This post may not be for the squeamish

Some of these photos look almost like something out of a gore filled murder movie. 
We got to do some stitching last night in class. 
  As strange as it may sound, it was alot of fun.  
What did we practice on ?
I'm so glad you asked!!!


COW'S TONGUE!!!!!


This was my specimen. 

                                                We were all pretty excited about this,
                                                          and we got really into it!
         Future heart surgeon right there in the black.
Aren't you glad he is getting practice on a cow tongue now?
                   Once you figured out the first few knots and got the wrist action down it was easy peasy!

    Look at my handy work. hahaha 
You can see the progression of my stitches. The nice looking ones on the right were the last ones I did.
Look at the taste buds on Manaal's cow tongue! 
SO ridiculous!


Aren't you glad I showed you this?
You know you are studying the right stuff when you enjoy this a ridiculous amount. 


After we finished with our stitching fun, Shekinah, Clayton and I went out to Applebees of course. 
  This huge group came in and sat right at a table next to us. 
Then to our complete surprise and delight they started busting out in song, barber shop style. It was delightful really it was!





Sorry if this grossed you out. I thought my parents at least would get a kick out of me stitching. 
That reminds me, look at my mom and niece petting a camel!!!

I cannot wait to go visit them. I am getting wrestles and think I may have caught the travel bug yet again, and if I know anything about viruses it is that you cannot treat them with antibiotics!
OH NO! I am developing a cheesy medical sense of humor!

1 comment:

beka said...

wowza, that's fascinating!
so glad that guy gets to practice on cow tongue before hearts...yay for him:)

great job, dear! i'm not sure i would be able to do that, but i didn't gross out too easily at the pictures only. :)