Tuesday, April 26, 2011

finished with this chapter....

and on to the next. 
Tonight was the last night of my Mission Medic class. 
We had to work through a few scenarios and then we went around and just encouraged each other. We took turns just pointing out great things we see in each other. 
What an encouragement. I felt that I couldn't articulate myself well so I probably ended up sounding like a fool.

I can't believe I'm done. 
Now on to the next phase. 
I leave for Dubai in a bit over a week. 
Tomorrow I am planning to scooter downtown for a job interview.
I also now have a bed to go with my couch. :]
I'm not sure how to even proceed from here. Being gone for most of the next two months may complicate things. 

I guess the next thing for me to work on is packing. My suitcase is going to have alot of things for my parents and family. hahaha
I just keep getting things that need to go to them, and I just got an email asking for me to bring some things. 
I need to remember to buy those things tomorrow.

   I am so ready to go overseas and start doing medical work. 
I am a bit envious of the team that leaves for Zimbabwe on Thursday.
I know that Dubai will be an adventure, but my heart really desires to be doing medical work, to be with the least of these.
I know it will happen very soon though. 
I am excited to see my family though, and be in the heat of Dubai. 

Sorry for how random this is. I am a bit sidetrack by this picture.
and this one
note the size of their arms.
It's breaking my heart.
If you decide to feel sorry for yourself do a google image search of Marasmus.
Suddenly that new iPhone or TV seems trivial doesn't it???
Anyways, its off to bed for me. 


1 comment:

beka said...

iphones or tv's aren't the material things i struggle with...but boy, do i get the point.