Monday, July 18, 2011

Ecuador- Clinic, friend filled lunches, and Nigeria good-byes.

6-15
Today was clinic day in the house of Andres's Grandmother and Aunt.


  We had a very large group of friends with us. We had about 4 guys from the church who came with and just talked with people about Jesus. Sheri and I worked inside the house seeing patients while outside Manaal and Jen did some primary assessments and send in only certain people to Sheri and I.

Checho went with us this morning. We found our selves short a translator so we called Checho who speaks enough English. Checho is the best sort of person. He is the sort of friend I don't  think I would ever get sick of hanging out with (not that I make it a habit of getting sick of my friends).


He helps me alot with my Spanish and I help him with his English.
 After the clinic we went to lunch with the group, and Victor and Christian also came and joined us for lunch.
I LOVE the people here so much!

Lunch was wonderful and so filling. NO matter how I tried to pace myself, I couldn't eat all of my meal. After lunch we had to rush around to be ready to leave for Nigeria.  It was our last day doing house to house visits there in Nigeria. A local lady who we had come to know well came with us along with her son Juan Pierre.
I worked with Jen and Eric today. We saw many runny noses again, and high blood pressures.  Before leaving Nigeria, we took photos with our friends in Nigeria. Jen and I would be coming back in a few days, but Manaal  and Sheri were leaving very soon.

Once we got back to the church we said our goodbyes to Eric and asked Andres if he would go with us to the Mall. Manaal needed to buy a dress for a dinner that she was going to as soon as she got back to the States. We hailed a cab to the mall and spend the next few hours walking around trying to put together a nice outfit on a small budget with a short amount of time to look. I fell asleep early knowing that I had an early morning ahead of me.

No comments: