Friday, December 2, 2011

Thought vs. Taught

Can you believe that Spanish speakers have a lot of trouble with the "th" sound?
The things that you don't even realize. 
One of my new favorite things to do is see which of my Spanish speaking friends can make this sound.
Whether I am helping clean Marcel's apartment/ recording studio with 3 other SPanish speakers, or sitting in the living room with Carla's boy friend.
 I will ask them to say words like "thoughtful" or "This" and see which can pronounce it.
My friend Checho was a bit confused the other day when he was trying to figure out the difference between "taught" and"thought".
Both words end up sounding about the same.
I totally understand where they are coming from though. 
I remember in Puerto Rico when I would try to pronounce the Spanish words and everyone would laugh at how off I was. 

I love the magic of this place.
I love the simplicity of Ecuador.
People here want to love life, even if it is a simple life. 
I really appreciate that. 
It is so different than the States.

No comments: