Wednesday, May 30, 2012

this reminds me of myspace days. hehe





  • Are you young at heart, or an old soul? I'm an old soul in the sense that when people know me for a short amount of time they always feel like they have known me for years. 




  • What makes someone a best friend? I think this song sums it up. Except a best friend is this times 100. My best friends will be utterly ridiculous with me at any moment and not think twice about it. 




  • What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most? hmmmm...... my popason chair that I slept in every night for weeks after I got it. I also remember getting a pack of colorful sparkly toothbrushes when I was maybe 3 and I was so excited!




  • Tell me about a movie/song/tv show/play/book that has changed your life. That changed my life eh? Reading Captivating changed the way I thought about being a woman. It is an amazing book. Totally life changing.




  • Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike. I actually am quite ok with myself in general, though I don't like the shape of my hips at all. 




  • Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with? I haven't really lost contact with anyone that I was ever really close with thanks to the internet. I suppose I would like to see what Rayah is doing with her life.




  • What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection?  Definitely the emotional ; lucky for me I don't have to choose in my relationship.




  • Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title. High Schoool Musical. I have blocked that movie out of my head forever.




  • What holiday do you most look forward to? Christmas and my favorite peoples' birthdays!




  • How is the relationship between you and your parents? Really good. I am really close with my Dad and can go to him about anything. My Mom is also one of my best friends and my confidant. She has one of the best hearts in the world.




  • You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on?  We don't get any stations here but in the States probably a Spanish channel.




  • Name a song that never fails to make you happy. Simon and Garfunkel's 59th st. Bridge.




  • You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him. My Uncle Mike is so great. He is hilarious and I just love the dynamics of that whole family.




  • Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to? I have never read them. I just wonder how effective those truly are.




  • If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?hmmmmmmm that is too hard of a question. I have a few more places that I still have to try living in. Probably Ecuador or the Chicago area, but who knows maybe Portland would agree with me.




  • Can money buy happiness? Not in the least. My fondest memories are when my family was poor. The most interesting and fun people i have ever met have never been wealthy.




  • Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not? I drink very rarely, like 1 drink every 2-3 months. Just never found drinking or smoking to be enticing. It is just an expensive pass time.




  • Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? You don’t have to give names.  Yes, well we are obviously not close anymore because I cannot trust them.




  • Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid? How little are we talking? When we were living at the lake house I always liked to go into town and be around people. Going out to eat was also the best thing ever!




  • Have you ever spent a night in the hospital? Nope




  • Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people? I like being with close friends. Usually one on one, but a group of very close friends can be so great too.


  • Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to?  My Dad and I have very similar taste in music, and I like a lot of what my Mom listens to.




  • Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else? I was mildly (very mild) bullied by girls on my gymnastics team at times but it was mild. I don't think I have ever bullied aside from a bit of rough housing with neighborhood boys when I was a young amazon girl.




  • If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Hardest question ever. Maybe Shrimp Ceviche.




  • Do you believe in a god? Undoubtedly




  • Of all the social networks in the world, why use twitter? I have no idea




  • What’s your favorite hashtag to track? None




  • Would you call yourself/your family “middle class?” Never thought I would say this but I think they are more upperclass now.




  • Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended. Malcolm in the Middle




  • Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial? Nah




  • If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you? If I lived in the city maybe (and they had 24hr Public tran.), but I don't like the idea of not being able to go far if I need to though.




  • If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say? I would probably tell my high school self to spend less time with certain friends and more time with others. Oh and to not try that back extension roll right before your 18th birthday.




  • What’s your “quirkiest” habit? Not sure. Maybe busting out into song at inappropriate times, and I have a tendency to say inappropriate things at the worst possible time, like making jokes (that are 100% not true)  about how terrible the wait staff is at a restaurant without realizing the waiter is right behind me.




  • What is “normal?” Are you normal? I came to terms with not being normal years ago.




  • Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer?  I would never! How could I condemn 10 people to death so that one person can have 10 more years. Who am I to play God like that?




  • What is one thing you could never forgive? Being cheated on, or being abused emotionally or physically.




  • Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single?  I think both are fine. Being single can be really fun, but being in a relationship once it is no longer new and in the cloud is very safe and familiar and nice.




  • Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends? Oh yeah. I have so many good guy friends that I know I would never be more than just friends with.




  • Where do you and your friends go to hang out? Depends on what city/ country I am in. Usually somewhere inexpensive or free.




  • Write the first sentence of your obituary. What!?!?! No one gets to write their own obituary, they are dead.




  • What is the best TV theme song ever? Malcolm in the Middle and Big Bang Theory




  • When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up?  A Medical person living in a very broken and dirty area loving people.




  • When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked? No. I am seldom home alone and when I am you never know who will randomly stop by.




  • What gets you out of bed in the morning? Many things, and alarm, my dog whining, people talking downstairs, or this morning there was a bird in the house.




  • Do you want to have more friends than you have right now?  Sure, I like friends. I am just tired of getting close to people and then leaving them. :/




  • What part of the past year sticks out in your mind? So much uncertainty sprinkled with some incredible times and experiences.




  • You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job? Without a  doubt I would keep working, Probably a different job though. I love working.




  • Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you’re in one, what makes yours work? Andres and I did that for our first 4 months. It was so hard. It worked because we started dating knowing that it would be hard and we just made the best of it.




  • What’s the best route to your heart? Laugh at my jokes and take care of me when I am feeling bad.




  • Have you ever met someone through the internet, then met them in real life? No. That freaks me out a bit.




  • What is your favorite sport? American Football and Gymnastics




  • What has been troubling you lately? One of my bestfriends and my sister are both planning there weddings and I am on the other side of the world instead of being there with them.






  • What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning?I'm trying to find a healthy mix of the two.




  • Do you know what makes you happy? Sure, Hot wings, Poppers, Pasta.... oh wait that is all food....... there are a lot of things actually.




  • Tell me about the last book you read. A Place Called Here by Cecelia Ahrens. Her books are always so different. It was really interesting.




  • What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given? My old boss asked me how I had such big feet seeing as how I am so "tiny". Best compliment ever for an amazon girl. Another Medic recently told me "I would go anywhere in the world with you.".




  • Who was your first crush? Who even knows? I have been boy crazy as long as I can remember.




  • Do you believe that there is life on other planets? No.




  • Predict what your life will look like a year from now. I don't even know what my life will be like in 2 months. Hopefully I am fluent in Spanish, my sister will be getting married, and I will be back in School.





  • Where is your favorite place to go out and eat? Depends on which country I am in; Dubai- Probably Chin-Chin or Sea Ship.
    Ecuador- The Hamburger stand down the road, the Empanada place by the church, The lady that sells Pasteles...pretty much anywhere is great.
    The States- That is too hard. Applebees, IHOP, and Panera.







  • Early bird or night owl? Night Owl




  • Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to? My Baby Blanket




  • Give me an unpopular opinion you have. I don't really want to get into that at all.




  • What was the last song that was stuck in your head? Mi Primer Millon. I keep getting just lines of Spanish songs stuck in my head.




  • Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want. My Parents' house in the country that boasts the tallest building in the world.




  • Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation? For little kids, yes. Like kids under 8 or 9.




  • What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken? The East coast.




  • Have you ever taken part in a protest? Si! It was a silent protest.




  • Would you ever use an online dating service? Not personally, though I know many people who have had success.




  • What is your ethnic heritage? Irish, Swedish, German, Native American and who knows what else.




  • Describe a person that inspires you. I have many. Jen Boyd is a huge inspiration. I have more though of course.




  • If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you? Yeah sure. I often times do things I love for free.




  • Do you believe in luck? Naw, but I like to act as though I do.




  • Describe the last time you were very angry at someone. My insides where boiling and all I could think about was how badly I wanted to hurt them physically and emotionally and then run far away.




  • Do you want to live until you’re 100? I don't care. I would rather not live to 100 if it means I will be weak and in pain all the time.




  • Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change? You fall in love with a persons heart and spirit.




  • Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them? Thought about it, SOOOOOO glad I didn't.




  • Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don’t like with your best friends? If I am with a good friend I usually enjoy doing anything.




  • Do you practice what you preach? For the most part yeah, though I'm obviously human and have done some things I am not proud of.






  • What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence?  Intelligence.




  • Are you hard-headed? Only about some things. When I feel strongly about something you will know, but with most things I don't care that much.




  • Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate? HAHAHA yes. Between Medical training and gymnastics and being Irish, nothing is sacred.

  •  




  • Where would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains? I would love to wake up one morning as a Ecuadorian martial artist and live in Down Town Guayaquil. 




  • Do you often skip breakfast? More often than not.




  • How do you know what true love is? When you no longer get butterflies around them all of the time yet the thought of being  apart from them for any amount of time breaks your heart, and the thought of them holding hands with any other person makes you so upset.




  • Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die? That takes the adventure out of life.




  • Where is “home” for you? Been trying to figure that out for a while.






  • Do you want to be perfect? What does that even mean?




  • What have you never tried, but would really like to someday? What’s holding you back?  I would like to try para-sailing but it is expensive. So far life has been a pretty grand adventure.




  • How do you express your creativity?
    Drawing, painting, dancing, talking to myself, creating things.




  • Name something you only liked because it was popular. I tried liking rap for a while but realized I am way to white to even try. I'm sure there were many other things but I don't remember.




  • Give me the story of your life in six words. I don't think I can do that... let me think about it for a minute.
  • 1 comment:

    Eliza C. said...

    “…if you get murdered I’ll avenge your death.”

    Dear Hanna,
    I love reading your blog, you are such a beautiful soul. I’ve enjoyed reading this blog very much.

    I love you!
    Ania