Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm sure you must have noticed.

I added a new page to my blog.
This is to act as a registry for Andres and I.
I was trying to figure out how it works to register for gifts when your other half isn't with you to pick things out.
We tried doing an online registry while skyping, but it proved to be a bit more frustrating than hoped for.
The good news is that it was not in vain. We do now have a small registry at Target in case someone wanted to go off of that.
We decided rather to put together a list of things we foresee ourselves needing and are leaving it up to the discretion of  friends and family to chose what might be best.  
What are some household items that you swear by? If you have a home, you know better what is good than I do.

I feel that shopping for the things that you will start your life with is something that you should do with your mate, and that is not an option for us. Thus, gift cards (as impersonal as they are) are a terrific option. I now get a very generous associate discount at JCPenny's and would naturally benefit from giftcards from there.
I guess ultimately what I mean to say is, if you really feel the need to get us anything you can get something off of this list. Please note that having family and friends around to support us with advice and love during the beginning of this journey is really the most precious gift we could receive.

No comments: