Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'll be kicking myself for this one later I'm sure.


At the moment, I would love more than anything to elope. I can see it now.
I quit my job at Penny's and tell the Y that I need a few months off. (I try to be responsible in my fantasies.)
I fly down to Ecuador. Andres is there waiting at the airport for me.
We take a bus to the beach where I find someone selling sundresses.
I pick out a white one, and adorn my wrists with brightly colored braided bracelets and beaded earrings. We get married on the beach, barefoot, with random strangers as our witnesses.
We eat ceviche at a random street side restaurant. We then spend the rest of the week on the beach just being together. Collecting sea shells. Fighting off the beach salesmen. No stress. No responsibilities. No worries.

I don't know why there are these social expectations when it comes to marriage and weddings.
Like it is expected to be this big scripted ordeal that takes months and months of planning, and it must be stuffed full of "romantic" moments. All the words must be right because heaven forbid you forget to say something during the ceremony and your groom spends the rest of his life feeling the absence of said words.
I will probably kick myself for writing this in the future, but tonight, this is how I am feeling.
I swear, I am so sick of all of the stupid stuff that i keep seeing repinned all over pinterest.
I am so tired of these ideals that are put on this holy pedestal of all that is a "romantic wedding".
I just don't care.
I really don't!
I just want to marry Andres.
I don't even care that much about the dress.
I want to wear sandals, I want it to be a sunny day, and I want to be able to eat macaroni and cheese.
Most importantly I want my family and closest friends to be there laughing and enjoying themselves.

I just don't care that much about the wedding day, I just really care about the life that starts right after the ceremony.
I'm so ready for my love to be here with me. 

No comments: