Monday, April 27, 2009

Salve! Amicus!






Im not even sure how to start out this one. I always have so much trouble thinking of a way to begin writing my thoughts.



Well it is day two of me borrowing Aaron's mandolin. It is so nice that I cant even believe he let me borrow it. I can't wait till I have mine back though.



I have been working on the song "Whiskey before Breakfast" for the last two days.



My fingers just don't seem to want to go as fast as my brain is telling them to.



I love playing though. It is so theraputic in a way.



I also have only 4 weeks or so of school left. I know it sounds long but in light of the fact that it is really only 26 days till I am DONE makes it seem so soon.






A girl in my French and I both went over exactly how long we had left as of this morning. We have only 11 more classes not counting todays.



I have only 7 more art design classes and I am actually ready to be done with that class and have time to work on some other independent projects and sketches. I have a project that I have been working on for my sister and I would really like to finish it.






We started a new assignment in art design today. This weeks assignment:



Compose something utilizing the golden mean, or the root 5 rectangle.






This is a mathmatic concept that relates heavily to art.






this is what I mst incorporate into a piece.






I have absolutely NO IDEA what to do. I usually have so many ideas that I have to decide which ideas not to use.


I would really like to keep my A in the class so I am so nervous of messing this one up.


Blast!!


It was cool toda in art though because my class took the necker cubes that we had all made and we put them together and the visual effect of it was great. I took some pics with my cellphone but I will most likely never get around to posting them since it is too much of a hassel. :/


Maybe some time though.


Just for an idea of what it looked like...


Here is a Necker cube:






Our cubes were all in matching colors though. It looked something like this (only ours are blue and violet for the frame and yellow and orange inside, we also used saturated hues, no tints or shades of them):



Other news.... The art show is still going on at school and I still need to go and take a picture of my piece hanging up in the show. I actually hope someone buys it. I wouldnt complain about having alittle extra money.




My gym is also hosting the state gymnastics meet this weekend. I am excited to go and work there. It has been so long since I have been to a meet. I am actually really excited. It is also the first time I will see my friend Chloe compete. Though sadly it is the last meet of her career. I'm still excited nonetheless.
My birthday is in......*counting*...9 days!! I can't wait. I think I may see about going to the art institute on my birthday. I hope that works. I would have to miss youth group that night then.
I also decided on a date for my birthday party. Ive decided on June 13th, even though, Im sure, people will be really confused as to why I am having it over a month after my birthday. But they will just have to deal with their confusion because I am not telling why. They will find out soon enough.
"It's a dangerous business, going out of you door, you step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." -J.R.R. Tolkien
Have a great rest of your monday!!!








No comments: