Wednesday, June 24, 2009

* written words speak louder than actions.*

Who would have thought that people were wrong all along. I'm not sure where the saying came from but it must be flawed. "actions speak louder than words".
HA! how UN-true. I myself have said that phrase more than enough yet being in my teen years I know as well as anyone that this isn't always the case. It is true in some cases. Sometimes the act of someone not being able to return a phone call or make an effort to visit you while you are stuck on the couch living the gimp life is speaking much louder than there "I love you so much and I am always there for you." words.

How many people seem to be sweet. They can not only speak it, but they can also act it to your face. They embrace you when they see you, but you can't be sure if the hug means anything or if they are looking for a break in your armor where they can stab you in the back.

Sometimes people will show up for you and make you think that they care just by them taking the time, but can you ever be sure of their true motives. Lieing isn't a lost art now days, not even if churches and youth groups. People are out to get what they want and what will satisfy them now. No one cares if they are hurting someone in the long run. People don't have trouble hurting someone but they are so crushed when someone hurts them. Hypocrisy? yes! Christians deserve that label. Non-believers aren't claiming a life of honesty and love, and when things blow up on them they don't blame it on God. Oh, our ever present scape goat in time of need. (the truth in that statement just made me throw up in my mouth alittle bit)

You never know what is going on in someones head.


But back to my point on what speaks louder. I don't think it is possible for someone to truly get the way you think, or the things you are hiding and harboring in your mind. I like to think that I am really good at getting people to open up to me. I think this is a fairly accurate assumption, yet still i know that some things I don't know. Somethings come out at the oddest times, sometimes after years of being almost inseparable.

Something speaks much louder to me than words or actions. It's peoples written word

Written word speaks so clearly about a person. Written word shows something that a person is deeply contemplating and pondering. It is their way of expressing something that they can't express in any other way.
It is their art form. I think that is why I love art like I do. Because it gives you a glimpse into a persons heart and soul.
Art doesn't really have a real definition. I always defined art as
"A thought or idea expressed in a tangible way."
That would describe painting, sketching, sculpting, just about anything that you would expect to find in an art museum. But written word also fits under this definition.

I feel like I have learned so much about people by reading their blogs. I wish more people blogged. It is a better way of representing yourself to people then by putting stuff on facebook or myspace.


Just think about it. Let me know if you read this and have any thoughts.

1 comment:

Jessica Erhart said...

I love your thoughts and explanations♥
And I totally agree, blogs/written words is great for the reader and the writer! Could not have said it better myself:]