Sunday, November 15, 2009

God really blows my mind.

Today was a really great day.
It started out like any sunday does. I slept in later than I should have which resulted in me running around the house like a mad person to get ready to leave for church on time.
We took Lilly and Josiah to church with us.

Later in the day Dan and I finally met up for some disk golf. We have been trying to arrange this for quite a while now. We disked which was a great time. Then we decided it would be fun to run around and do some crazy stuff like flips and idk whatever. I was wereing constricting jeans so we went to Rue 21 where I bought some 3 dollar black yoga pants. There are about a million little rhinestones on the butt of the pants which make out the shape of a heart with wings. TACKY!!
I see these pants as having great potential for work pants if I can get all the rhinestones picked off.

So Dan and I ran around alil and came across these guys in a random alley way. One left and the other started talking to us. Man did he talk....and talk....and talk....and talk........and then talk more.
We just listened. We then started talking to him about Jesus and our relationship with God. We weren't overbearing. We didn't pressure him or debate him about it, we just told him about how real this whole "Jesus thing" is. He told us about growing up in the catholic church and all, but you could tell that it was about a religion of rules and not about a relationship and a life-changing Savior. What I wish more than anything is that people would know the love and hope and purpose that comes from knowing Jesus on a personal level. I really wish we could get past the American arrogance of religion.

He and Dan exchanged number then we went our separate ways. Dan and I sat in his car and talked for a while about just God stuff.
Then I went into the church for Vineyard Cafe. the group was small so we went to applebees to get something sweet!
It was a great time.
I couldnt decide on wings or a dessert. I finally decided on both because , hey, I'm getting paid tomorrow. When I ordered someone in the group said something about half off appetizers after 9. It was 5 till 9 and our waitress was awesome so she gave me that price. THen to make things better she brought out some extra crushed oreo pieces for me because one of my little oreo pieces fell on the table. Then when she brought my wings out ( I ordered half hot, and the other half BBQ) the cook had made a mistake and made all hot, so they gave me the hot and still made me the other half of BBQ wings. So I got one and a half orders of wings for half the price of one order!
OH HAPPY DAY!!!
I wish I could really do justice to this day. It really blew my mind so much.

1 comment:

Jessica Erhart said...

You guys would be awesome & do unexpected "street ministry." You have no idea how you've encouraged me, given me a push to better myself, and best of all live by what you think and are:]