Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm getting so sick of people having nothing more to talk about than music. It seems that this is the natural progression of life. When you are a young teen all you want to talk about with your friends is that crush you have that week. Then as you get older all you talk about is music. As though that is the only thing you live for.
This annoys me so much, and I hate that it annoys me. I don't like that I am not a music buff.
I think I have figured out why I am not.
I love singing but as for listening to music and new bands and such I am not a fan.
I don't listen to alot of music and like to talk about it because music to me is just like a soundtrack to my life. I attach feeling, emotions, events, and people to different song. To most people it is good to relive those memories and times through music, but for me it is not fun.
I have had a crazy life thus far and I get sick of living in the past. I don't like to be reminded of what I had and no longer have, or what I didn't have but wanted terribly bad. I hate to hear songs that got me through hard times and be reminded of that hard time and all the hurt I felt.
I don't want to put myself through that.


I am so tired of always looking in the past on everything. I'm tired of the "you should have"
"You could have"
"You WERE right"
"You hurt me then"

I'm just tired of remembering.
I try to live everyday with no regrets and not rely on the past to make me happy now.
If you spend all your time looking back then you miss out what is happening now and you are ill qualified to face the future.

So next time you start talking about music around me, if I get quiet, you know why.
It is nothing against you, I just don't want to think about it.
That and most people don't listen to the sort of music I like anyways and I would rather be spared from the "You're a weird one" comments.

That's all from my mind for now.
Have a brilliant weekend.

No comments: