Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am so big on looking back and seeing where a person's journey has lead them. I love looking back over the years at who I was then and who I am now. I love reminiscing on what God has shown and taught me. How He has answered prayer and changed me from the inside.
I've gotten into this habit when I'm bored where I will make p my own sort of questionnaire and fill it out. It is kind of like a myspace survey but I make up the questions and no one else sees them.
I rote one of these in Ireland during one of our many long car rides. Ania was asleep and I was left to think deeply. :]
I was reading over my Ireland journal a few days ago and found it. (I wonder if I have anymore of them laying around here in notebooks. I shall have to look) It was interesting to see what God has shown me even since then.


My favorite question on the survey was What has God taught me most recently?
My answer in case you are interested was : That we need to stop getting so into theology and simply come to God with a child-like faith and love. We shouldn't have to be logically convinced.

Since then God has taught me so many things. He talked with me about loving people. He showed me that I have an incredible opportunity at my job to impact so many young impressionable lives.

Here is my new plan. Anyone who reads this needs to hold me to this, and better yet you should join me. Once a month I am going to answer that question here. What a better way to record a journey than by sharing what the most incredible being of all time has been teaching you.

January 2010

Recently God showed me this verse ,
2 Timothy 3 :5
Even though they will make a show of being religious, their religion won't be real. Don't have anything to do with such people.

It may not make much sense by itself but if you read the verses before it, the meaning becomes clear.

1You can be certain that in the last days there will be some very hard times.
2
People will love only themselves and money. They will be proud, stuck-up, rude, and disobedient to their parents. They will also be ungrateful, godless,
3heartless, and hateful. Their words will be cruel, and they will have no self-control or pity. These people will hate everything that is good.
4
They will be sneaky, reckless, and puffed up with pride. Instead of loving God, they will love pleasure.
5Even though they will make a show of being religious, their religion won't be real. Don't have anything to do with such people.



We are constantly met with people that exhibit the traits in the first 4 verses, but the 5th verse is something that we OFTEN see yet do nothing about it. We just except it and feel like we need to justify it. If these people at least claim Jesus we feel like we no longer have to expect anything more from them, we don't even have to talk about God with them or keep them accountable. Why are so many churches dead? Why are so many Christians dis-satisfied and living a life that is not godly in any ways?
Because they have simply forgotten God's power. His power in our everyday lives. We forget about His plan for everyday, the one that He invites us to be a part of. I hope and pray that people begin to remember the power of our Savior.
You remember those stories in the old testament? God still has that same power. He has the power to overcome this corrupt world.




What is God teaching you?

No comments: