Friday, May 21, 2010

I just got back from my app with the orthopedic Dr.
He was really surprised by how much bruising there is. He said in the 29 years he has been a Dr he has never seen such bad bruising from a patella dislocation. I thought the bruising had gone down quite nicely to be honest. I can just imagine what he would have said if I had gone in a few days earlier when my leg looked like someone had gone at it with a baseball bat. I now need to get an MRI and hopefully that provide a diagnosis. I told him that it needs to be better in 3 weeks because I have to fly and I don't think it is possible to fly with one leg perfectly straight.
I guess we will have to wait and see.


I will say this knee injury has done amazing things for my flexibility. I think it has to do with the muscle atrophy in my leg. Here look. (don't mind my bum attire btw, it was about bed time.)





This is my straddle to the right side..... my left side was just like this before the injury. >>>>>>>>>>

















This is my left side>>>>>>>>>
I can basically lay my chest on my leg.

1 comment:

beka said...

Holy cow, you're flexible, dear. And I'm so glad the bruising has gone down--and that it'll get even better soon!