Tuesday, June 22, 2010

God still speaks

Cool story. On the 12th my family flew out to Nevada for a memorial in memory of my Nana. A bunch of family was there and it was really a great time.
On the flight there (before a layover) I got a seat on the other side of the aisle from my family. My sister was a bit sad about it but we were just an arms reach away from each other, just in case we decided that we really needed to high five or something.
I was seated next to a lady who was prob in her early 50's. She kind of reminded me of Pastor Shelli. I didn't think much of it since I have flown alot and often times next to strangers, No BD.
About half way through the flight I started to feel God's presence really strong. I was reading at the time and lost all attention on the book and felt myself almost begin to shake because of how strong His presence was. I started getting words for this woman next to me, and had like a vision of me praying for her. I tried to ignore it and go on with reading but I couldn't. I wanted to tell her so badly and attempted small talk a few times in hopes that it would help. It didn't. I was like "Ok God I'll give her the word I just dont know how to bring it up...... Give me her name at least. Nancy maybe? No not Nancy...... uh"
Finally the plane was getting ready to land and I just went for it.
"So this may seem random but about half way through the flight I felt like God gave me a word for you."
She looks at me kinda shocked "wait what"
"I think God gave me a word for you. Mind if I share it?"
She told me I could so I did.
She thought about it for a min and told me what she thought it meant. It had to do with the reason she was flying that day and what she had been thinking alot about during the flight.
I asked if I could pray for her and she said I could.
So I asked her what her name was "Becky"
Im like " I knew it was something that ended in a Y" haha
So I prayed for her and left it at that.
I really hope it blessed her. It is the first time that has ever happened to me like that. It was so cool.
I am now praying that God give me words for 5 diff ppl a week. I really hope He does.
I just thought it was cool how much God really does care about everyone. He cared so much about this lady that His presence was so strong around her, like He was trying to comfort her. It was beautiful.
I hope it really blessed her to know that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's really cool Hannah! I'm proud of you for stepping out like that. God will give you those 5 - keep your eyes open :)