Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sidney Kidd: I understand we understand each other.


The Philadelphia story


Macaulay Connor: C.K. Dexter Haven, I would like to talk to you.
C. K. Dexter Haven: Well, let's go in the talking room.

..


Librarian: What is thee wish?
Macaulay Connor: I'm looking for some local b - what'd you say?
Librarian: What is thee wish?
Macaulay Connor: Um, local biography or history.
Librarian: If thee will consult with my colleague in there.
Macaulay Connor: Mm-hm. Dost thou have a washroom?
[the librarian points]
Macaulay Connor: Thank thee.



..
I watched The Philadelphia Story at the suggestion of Rae (my fantastic Manager).
If you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch it soon. At least before you die. The wit is just fantastic. I love the witty banter that is throughout the entire movie.
I am also reading a book that made mention of the movie which is another reason that I rented it in such haste.
Oh yes so the book I am reading. It is titled Love Walked In it is by Marisa De Los Santos.
It is fantastic thus far. I was originally reading it during my breaks at work but they weren't long enough so I decided to buy it. (used of course)





This is the coffee cup that is to blame for my phone's sudden demise.








The end of the month (or start of a new month) means it is time to re-write my calender.

2 comments:

beka said...

Oh no! Cell phones dying are not a good thing. :P
Hmmm. Philedelphia Story.....correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that film is mentioned in the book you're reading. I swear it is....I might be wrong though. :)
Great book, dear! Just read it a few weeks ago!

MY.INKED.LYFE said...

you're cute. let me know how you like the book by the end...im interested in reading it if its good! lol

p.s. dig the quote on your calender board [: