Thursday, February 10, 2011

Do the Truffle Shuffle

wearing sandals to class tonight was  a terrible idea. Though today was pretty nice (in the 40's at least) tonight was not so nice. The building we have class in never ceases to be freezing yet I still do stupid things like wearing sandals.



I worked today for 5 and a half hours about. One of my managers wants me to go to the store that is opening in Nampa and work in the cafe there. She is hopefully going to manage there and was told that she could hand pick her team of baristas. I feel way honored to have her ask me, but considering I drive a scooter and it is about a half hour away I think I will stay where i am.  Besides I will hopefully be moving downtown this summer so Nampa would be about an hour away then.

Anyways....I worked then came home and rested before going to class.
Tomorrow I work, then I'm going salsa dancing with some friends downtown.I am pretty excited about it. I plan to actually go to the lesson this week though. haha

 We finished up the truffles last night. Here are some photos of the  boxing, wrapping and organizing stage. This is the only stage I really helped with. I missed the baking stage of the truffles. I was a bit sad about that, but I got over it.

 The Truffles.......mmmmm



                                                                   

                                                      So let me put a name to the faces.
                                    From left to Right it goes; Gary, Elen. Manaal, and Shekinah. :]




 Once the boxes were filled, we feasted on anything we could find; Including sprinkles.


 I bought two boxes of my own. I bought mixed boxes, but just between you and I, I have an in with people boxing and I asked them to make one of them heavy on the peanut butter. Love the peanut butter ones.
 
                                             Here is how cute the truffles are in the box. :]
                                             There is another layer to that box by the way.
                                                              Each box has 10.



                                              This is just my Valentines Day gift to myself. :]
Speaking of which, some guy came rushing into the store today and said to me "You look like someone who would be able to help me out with this, do you know what day Valentines Day is?". I told him that it was February 14th.
   I don't know what he was aiming at with the whole "You look like someone who would be able to help me out" part. Weird weird weird.




             I couldn't think of a better way to end this post than with this Scrubs clip. Love this show.

No comments: