Thursday, April 21, 2011

learning how to wield a needle


I finally got around to looking at the photos on a memory card that was given to me by a mission medic alumni.
The card was given to me so that I could update the mission medic blog, and me being so on top of things all the time immediately stuck it in my pocket and forgot about it until weeks later at 1am. 
 They are photos of the class learning to start IVs as well as doing some labs. 
This is me poking a needle into my second or third victim. 
The future Dr.Clayton
Shekinah taking a stab at Les also. 
Testing Manaal for HIV and Malaria. 

Shekinah also doing some lab tests.

Katie and Manaal collecting results

Even more HIV and Malaria tests!

I love how happy the class gets when we do hands on skills. 
We all laugh and really enjoy ourselves.
That is a sign that we really love what we are learning.


ON another note, I was almost ashamed when I noticed that of the 5 videos on the memory card you could hear me talking in the background of probably 4 of them. I thought I had started talking less in class.
 

1 comment:

beka said...

ooooh, needles. looks like fun.
it's awesome to see the different passions everyone has:)