Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life Update

Here I sit, in the living room at my sisters house. I managed to fill her house with boxes and suitcases full of my few lasting possessions.
I decided about two weeks ago that it was time for me to get out of Boise.
I talked with my Mom, Aunt, and Grandma and just realized that I needed some family time before heading down to Ecuador.
I then bought a plain ticket just a few days later and was caught up in the crazy task of sorting through all of my things and deciding what was to be kept, what to mail ahead of me, and what to give away.
I gave away about 75% of everything I owned.
I don't miss anything yet. haha
I got the most upset giving up my scooter.
I dropped it off at the house of it's new owner and experienced a dicotomy of emotions.
The "this is my scooter. I now have no vehicle.":
and
"This is the last step. I am leaving Boise now."


I was in the Boise airport at 6am yesterday morning and boarding a flight within the hour.
Of course I had a few things throughout the trip that did not run smoothly but at least I am learning how to handle these situations while still in the States where i can speak the language.
  I may or may not have ended up sitting next to a guy who told me all about how relationships are pointless, and friendships are pointless, and that I should not go to Ethiopia because it is a bad idea and terrible place, BUT he did share some candy with me. I may have had a flight canceled, and shown up in Wisconsin and my luggage not follow me.

But a day later, I now have my luggage, and a cozy place to sit, and a wonderful sister sitting nearby to talk to whenever I have a passing thought. 
This is another big life transition, but I know I am happy and it was the right thing for now.
That is all I have to say now.

1 comment:

beka said...

sister time is priceless; i'm glad you have some family time before heading to ecuador <3