Tuesday, December 13, 2011

God gave me a wake-up call.

THis morning I woke up at a very early hour (something like 4am) and couldn't go back to sleep.
As I lay in my bed half afraid to sleep again due to the bad dreams that I had started having, God started speaking to me.
So many things that I had been thinking about for days were suddenly so obvious to me.
Things were so clear.
It was one of those "well of course that is happening Hanna." or "No wonder you feel this way look at what you are doing and thinking here" sort of realizations.
After an hour or two of listening, surrendering and crying I felt a sudden peace and slept so well.

When I woke up I talked with Andres about everything that had happened.
There were aspects of our relationship that were suffering.
THe funny thing is that a few weeks ago I had told Andres that the one thing that will be the biggest thing to work out  in our relationship will be that instead of addressing issues that are bothering us, we will simply keep them in to avoid hurting one another.
As I talked with him this morning about all that had happened this morning it was really interesting that he had been thinking about a lot of the same things but just didn't say anything.



After I made things totally right again with God and my boyfriend I felt a confidence come back to me that I had been without for a while now.
I was starting to become worried at my apathy.

Today was the end of that.


I officially turned Andres into a coffee drinker today.
He was always like "I don't drink Coffee.".
I convinced him this afternoon that he should drink some coffee.
After confusing him and his Dad immensely by my super strange coffee making methods.
It seems to be the strangest thing to people here that I put chocolate in my coffee or make it with cold water instead of hot milk.

We drank coffee then headed off to do some Christmas shopping.
Then a walk to the church for worship practice.
 Of course we stopped and got street hamburgers on the way home.
Then once we were in the house Andres laid down on his bed and was like "we should drink coffee again.".
I then grabbed him by the feet and pulled him off his bed and said "ven conmigo" (come with me).
He then said "that sounded like a real latino".
Second time today that he said my Spanish sounded good.
Another Life Goal= achieved.
Sad news is that I leave in one week and will probably lose my Spanish accent and comprehension. :[
Have to make sure that we watch movies in Spanish or something.


That is all for now.
Got to finish watching Transformers 2.

Vamos a la playa manana!!!!!!!!!!!
(we are gong to the beach tomorrow)
WOOOHOOOO!!!!
I will be sure to remember my camera and memory card this time.

2 comments:

Joshbdev said...

Please tell me the title of this is from the Relient K Song. I mean, it doesn't have to, it's just be cool.

Hanna said...

Yes Josh, it is indeed referencing that song. It fit so perfectly. :D