Friday, December 9, 2011

Have you ever had one of those wonky days?

One of those days where you try to catch up from the crazy night before?

This is sick Hanna trying to convince Andres not to take pics of me.

Lets back up.
Moments after I posted my last blog, about having a fever and what not Andres's mom walks into Andres's room where I was about to fall asleep. (Andres had left at by now to go to his mandatory work Christmas party.).
She comes in the room and begins hugging me asking me how I am feeling. 
All I could get out was "horrible".
It was taking all of my brain power just to understand the Spanish.
She then tells me to come with her. She has me lay down in her bed and begins putting cool rags on my forehead to cool down the fever.
She instructs me to close my eyes and sleep. 
SO I lay there with my eyes closed as I listen to her and Andres's Dad, Jorge talk to each other.
She then sends Jorge to Andres's room to sleep and she snuggles up next to me.
Every time I stir at all she pats my back and does the soothing mom thing "shhhh shhh shhh.".

After a few hours I can no longer sleep and was having weird dreams when I finally did sleep.
Just as this is happening Andres gets home.
It is 2:30 in the morning. 
I get out of bed and sit on the couch. 
Poor Andres is so exhausted he can hardly walk yet is worried for me so he tells me that he will not sleep until I do. 
Then his parents wake up and it seems like there is a ridiculous amount of talking going on at the other end of the house. After a few minutes both parents walk out the door. 
Apparently Andres's sister,Carla was at her work Christmas party and was ready to be picked up. 
Finally I grab Andres's hand and walk him to his room as he is fighting to keep his balance. I then push him onto his bed, kiss him on the cheek and tell him goodnight.
Carla and everyone else gets home and go to bed while I still sitting on the couch unable to sleep.
An hour or so goes by and I hear Andres's alarm going off but I don't hear him even stirring.
So I go and wake him up. A few minutes later  still no sign of him, so I go back to his room and find him fast asleep again.
The poor boy was so out of it.
He got ready for work and managed to get to the couch and sleep there for a while until his ride arrived.
I felt so bad. He was so tired that he could hardly walk and he had to go work.
I then went to bed and slept until a terribly late hour. 
It was early afternoon before I left my room.

I only got up long enough to eat, then went back to bed.
Andres was so tired when he got home, but he was trying to be a strong man and all.
I kept telling him that he should sleep but he was all like "I can't sleep now.  I am not tired.".
I then made him lay down and within minutes he was fast asleep.
That was at about 5pm, I didn't see him again until he got home from work today.
The poor boy slept straight through until this morning when his alarm went off.

I also went to bed just a few hours after he fell asleep. I didn't really sleep much but rather just laid there because I was to tired to do anything else.

The good news is that I woke up feeling much better today.
I am still tired and have a headache, but I am not nearly as bad as the last two days.

The last two days easily feel like a blur still. 
At least I am on the mend though.
That is a blessing.

1 comment:

beka said...

glad you're on the mend! sounds like a few crazy days....life is weird when people are exhausted. lol :)