Wednesday, January 25, 2012

mystery solved.

The case of the naked vanity:

Upon arriving in Dubai I found myself so caught up in the whirlwind of things.
There were lace cookies to be make for the Papa, a sisters arrival, Andres not having seen anything of Dubai, A desert safari to attend, a trip to Karama, and many life choices to make .
It took me days to un-pack my bags.
When I finally un-packed I emptied my coin purse onto the vanity next to my bed.
The coins were all either Ecuadorian or from the States.
Naturally I could not use these coins in Dubai.
I thought that would be a safe enough place for them considering it is my room and no little eyes and hands usually go in there.

Now fast forward a week or two.
I am in the middle of doing something important (I don't remember what at the time.) and Micah walks by me on his way out the door and tells me that the Baby took my money.
He told me all about how he saw the Baby take the money off of my vanity.
I asked him why he didn't stop the Baby if he saw it happen. 
He just looked guilty and walked outside.
Later I went to my room and noticed that the pile of coins on my vanity had turned into 2 Ecuador coins and 2 dimes.



I confronted Micah the next day.
I asked him where my money was.
"What happened to it?"
"You didn't take any of it did you?"
He then refuses to look me in the eye and tells me
"The Baby put it in his diaper and he pooped on it."
I was obviously upset.

Two days ago Lilly and I sat down to count the money in her piggy bank.
I was not surprised when I find a 10 cent Ecuadorian coin in her bank.
I play it off as nothing and go on with counting.
We then decide to count Micah's bank just for the practice of counting money.
Within Micah's bank we find around 4 dollars worth of Ecuador money.


The little stinker thought that if he put a few coins in Lilly and Josiahs banks then we wouldn't realize it was he that took them.
Good thinking leaving 4 coins still there and
smooth move on blaming the Baby too.
I don't doubt that the Baby may have had a hand in it, but I think Micah was the biggest culprit.

All in all, I feel quite proud of myself for solving the case, and happy that the money was not in the Baby's diaper like Micah had told me.

No comments: