Tuesday, October 30, 2012

HOMBRE!

Things have been moving very quickly since julia and Kyle arrived here. I feel that we have barely had much time to breath. The week before They arrived my boss had to make a last minute trip to Turkey to take care of some family things. This found me at the gym every hour that it was open. I coached every class. It made for a crazy week even though I only worked an extra 3 hours. Those hours add up quick. Thursday night was my last night of work before the Holiday Eid started. Friday I occupied myself with cleaning and cooking.
 When Julia and Kyle arrived we wasted no time.
Let me give you a sort of time line of the last few days.
     Sat. 2am-6am (Just hours after Julia and Kyle arrive); Andres, Julia and I are all walking around Ibn Batutta mall. Sipping coffee, eating McDonalds and wandering in and out of stores.
     Sat 10am or so; Julia and I are now awake and siting outside on the porch with Mom and Dad.
     Sat afternoon; we are all at the Souk Medinat shopping around and eating a lunch at the Noodle House. We then rush back to the community to get Andres to work.
      Sat- Late afternoon; we all nap. Sat night- Andres is now off work and Julia, Kyle, Andres and I are back at Ibn Battuta. Walking the mall, and playing pool.
     Sun 7:30 am; we are all up and getting ready to leave for the Atlantis water park.
     Sun around 10 am ; we (all but my Mom
     Sun 7:30 am; we are all up and getting ready to leave for the Atlantis water park. ) arrive at Atlantis water park.
     Sun around 4pm; we all leave the water Park and head for home for quick showers.
     Sun 6pm; we are back in the car heading for the Dubai Mall. We have dinner at an amazing Lebanese restaurant while watching the Dubai fountain show.
    Sun late-night; Julia, Andres and I sit in the living room while Andres tells stories about random things.
     Mon 11am; us young ones were all just waking up.  
     Mon 11:55; Andres goes to work.
     Mon 1:30; Julia, Kyle and I drive my Mom to work. We then park the car and walk to the Marina Mall.
    Mon 3:05pm; I call the house and a slightly out of breath Andres answers the phone after just returning from work. I ask him to take the bus and Metro and come meet us.
    Mon 5pm; Andres arrives at the Marina Mall after waiting at the bus stop through a sand storm. We then walk to a near by Pizza place for dinner.
    Mon 7pm; I drive through the terrible rush hour traffic. The boys get dropped off at the Noor Islamic Bank metro station to go to a music store. Julia and I drive on a bit to my favorite shopping center, The Oasis Center.
    Mon 8pm; The boy leave the music store to meet us. We then all walk through more stores.
 I buy my wedding shoes.
   Mon 10pm;  We leave the shopping Center and head home.
   Mon late night; We heat some bread and sit around eating hot Arabic bread with Labneh and hummus.
    Tues 7:30 am; We are all up preparing to leave for Al Karama. My Dad decides that he wants to go so we have a bit more time.
   Tues 8:15 am;  I find the worlds nastiest spider in the kitchen. Thankfully he is dead. I ask Andres to get rid of him because even it's corpse was too scary for me.
   Tues around 9:30am; We all leave for Al Karama (all but my Mom again).
   We spend hours shopping for treasures.
   Tues around 1pm; We stop for lunch at The Golden Fork.
Best Fried Prawns in garlic and Chili sauce.

 Tues 4pm;  Kyle, Julia, Andres and I hop on the metro and head to Deira. My Dad drives home. Andres and Kyle go to some music stores while Julia and I have a rest in a nearby Starbucks.
 Tues around 6pm; We get back on the Metro and get off at the Mall of the Emirates.
We visit the Borders, show Kyle the indoor Ski Slope (Ski Dubai) and the Virgin Store.
We then head home.

 Tues around 9:30; We are all relaxing at home.




I am so happy that tomorrow I will get some rest. Well hopefully.
I think I may take Julia and Kyle to the beach while Andres works.
 Well there is a bit of an update on the busy happenings of things thus far.

 ciao!

No comments: