Monday, May 11, 2009

Hypocrite??

I have so many thoughts running through my mind right now, and I can find no possible way to sort and type them. This is my third attempt at an entry.
I suppose I should just mention some thoughts.

Im really thinking alot about sincerity right now. There seems to be a shortage of truly genuine people these days. Most are constantly judging you and trying to out do you. Yes, I joke about judging people but it is merely in jest!
It astounds me how dishonest people are though.
I especially think that it is un-acceptable for christians to be so. We are known for being the biggest hypocrits. It hurts to hear people say that but isnt it true. How many people have you met at churches who acted one way at church and then changed drastically when not at church. Then there are the people who don't nesecarily live the double life, rather they go to church week after week and talk with people there and act like they care at least alittle yet they make not even the slightest effort to accept and live the life of a christian.

I think it is about time that christians decide why they are truly christians. Do they accept the title as a means of being a part if something. Just like people join clubs and bike gangs. Just to be a part of a group of people and feel some sort of acceptance? Does it make us feel better than other people around us because we arent missfits anymore? If that is why we claim it then we are pathetic. That makes me just sick to think about.
Christianity is not about that at all.
It is so much more.
People truly must decide. It doesn't do anyone any favors to ride the fence and live a double life. God is worthy and in control. He doesn't need you in order for His plan to be fullfilled, He rather loves you and wishes for you to take part in what He is doing. Talk about being part of something great. Don't go to a church in an attempt at being a part of something great, go to God and be a part of the greatest thing EVER!
But.... if you will choose Him, then truely choose Him and don't play it half way.
Choose this day who will follow. Be ready to face the challenges that come with the choice.

Matthew 10:38
and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

I hope this made some sort of sense. In all fairness I did warn you though that writting is not coming smoothly now.

No comments: