Friday, May 15, 2009

A toast: To the fish we never threw back!!

Today proved to be a pretty productive day in spite of being sick out of my mind for the majority of it. I haven't been feeling well for the last few days but I think playing softball barefoot last night was what really did it for me.
I stayed up too late last night wasting time and texting with Dan, which I should not of done considering the French test I had this morning. I think my test went well enough. As well as can be expected (which is not very well) I just keep reminding myself that Monday is the last day of class for me. I can not wait.
One more French exam , which I doubt I will have adequate time to study for, and a final art portfolio which I still have to finish my final art project for. I don;t know when I will have time to do either tasks this weekend, but Ill figure something out.

In light of the realization that I leave in a week I actually started the dreaded task of packing. I have absolutely no idea what to pack ever. I laughed when I realized that I am packing for two weeks in the same suit case that I packed in for a weekend retreat. Ha

I decided that trying to look cute in Ireland is an absurd standard. There is no need for it. For this I am very grateful for. Im almost done packing my check-in and my suit case is about half full.
I am so proud of myself for this.
I also finally broke down and bought needed ear buds, I bought them only because I found some for less then $7. I thought this was the greatest thing that could have happened.
I also bought a giant purse that is to serve as my personal item (carry-on). I needed a huge purse to put the usual carry-on items in so that my Mandolin could count as my carry on. The purse is one of those "save the planet" bags, I chose this bag because it cost less then $10. I'm just glad that Niels is gone and will not see it so I can be spared the "hippie" comments from him.
(The case for my Mandolin came in the mail yesterday btw. My mom and I were outside when the UPS man came and im sure he could tell by our many encouragin comments toward him, that we were sooo happy to see him and recieve what he was delievering.)
I originally wasn't planning on taking my Mandolin to Ireland but the longer I have had it and the more I play it, the more I realize that I will miss playing so much if I don't have it. .Besides I dont care who you are, the thought of playing a mandolin in Ireland is something that noone can think better of.

Tomorrow my Grandpa should be here. I also am going to a VOM confrence that should last all day. I just hope and pray that I will be feeling better. I have really been looking forward to this.
I love what VOM is all about. It has always been a dream of mine to work for VOM and maybe after tomorrow we will see how I feel about it. It has probably been one of the most unrealistic of all my dreams, but if it's what God wants then it will happen.


Im really upset that I had to miss open gym tonight. Im so tired of always being sick. I could get so much more done if I were healthy. Oh well, soon enough people will be used to me letting them down and breaking plans due to a failing immune system.

Well im off to down a glass of Alkiseltser and try to sleep this off.



****6 days till Ireland!*******

No comments: