Thursday, May 21, 2009

Im off with Ireland on my mind and a mandolin in my hand



Less then 12 hours from now I will be leaving for the airport. My bags are packed, My Mandolin is cased, and all seems to be set. with plenty of jelly beans and Ania near by cracking protestant jokes I am setting the stage for this trip. I feel I should offer some sort of explanation of where I am going and why, and how long this trip has been in the planning.

I think it really began last November or so, I told my Dad that I wanted to travel and soon. So I decided that the summer of 2009 I would go on a trip. My first choice of trip was France. That trip looked promising until a series of unfortunate events left me without a travel partner. I then asked my dear friend Ania if she wanted to go to Europe with me. If you have ever met Ania you would automatically know that the answer was a big YESS!.
We talked of France but ultimately decided that we should go to Ireland
instead. Yes, it is true, it is off to my home land I head. We worked on details for a few weeks. My grandpa has also been wanting to go and saving for years, so we asked him if he wanted to go with us and he jumped on the idea.

So we have been planning this trip for many months. We have definitely been blessed in planning this. We have gotten great deals on things and I really can't wait.
Please pray that we get there safe and that we don't lose our luggage. That would be the most awful thing ever. I would hate to lose my favorite yoga pants and my most beloved brown skirt. So lets pray for that. Jet-lag I can deal with but parting with those pants would be so hard! Hahaha

Our flight takes off tomorrow (May 22nd) at 2 something in the afternoon. We will be home the evening of June 7th (If we ever come home :P) .
I can't wait to see all my friends when I come back and tell them the countless stories of what I encounter there. I will miss all my dear friends.. But please don't miss me, that will be no fun for you. See you in Ireland!!!! :]


(This was a really rough explanation, I would be glad to explain more once I am home) See you later!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ireland!! I should have known

Anonymous said...

This is Daniel btw