Friday, August 21, 2009

As our Father walks with us

I wrote this in January of 2008. Every now and again I come across it in a notebook of mine and It always speaks to me in a great way.


"God is like a father who is walking outside with a young child who is just learning to walk.

When the child does well, the Father is happy and showers the child with encouragement.

If the child should fall, the Father picks up the child, dusts him off, and offers the child encouragement to once again continue walking.

He does not grow tired of walking with us, we need not lose heart.
He is always there with His arm out stretched ready to catch us.
"


This is so encouraging to me. I realize how often I fall and feel like I fail. It helps to know that God is that Father who will just pick me up and dust me off and then continue to help me walk. :]

No comments: