Saturday, August 29, 2009

Confessions of a Facebook stalker

I've got a crazy idea.
I think that more people my age need to stop using facebook or myspace. It seems to only create drama and frustrate people.
The other night I was talking to this beautiful girl I know and we both realized that facebook just seems to make us depressed. We look at other peoples posts and get frustrated. I think it is because people either go all emo on their statuses and such or they only show the best parts of what they do and they almost put on a front. This makes people looking at their photos and envy them and wish we had such exciting lives. I really think that Facebook and Myspace cause more problems then good.

I love this quote from the movie "He's just not that into you"

Mary: I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies.
Mary: It's exhausting.

^^ It's SO true, and it is exhausting. and having the ability to basically stalk this person is ridiculous.




It is really turning into an addiction.
http://www.thedailymind.com/productivity/facebook-syndrome-8-ways-to-beat-your-facebook-addiction/



I am just begining to worry about the future generations. I worry about things in America falling apart because everyone becomes too distracted by social networking.
Youth no longer seem to know how to prioritize at all. I took an Art Design class at my college and when we started using the macs the guy next to me was on facebook more than he was actually working on hie assignment. This guy was a real piece of work.

I do have a facebook and a myspace. I seldom check my myspace and I am seriously considering deleting it. I often take Facebook fasts, where I delete my facebook for a set amount of time. It is such a freeing feeling. I am trying to check my Facebook less and less. It feels great to do better things with my time. :]


It's just a crazy thought, but I think it would make people much happier.
:]

1 comment:

Jessica Erhart said...

haha- i actually was trying to find a way to delete both a week ago- any idea on how i can would be great;]