Monday, August 17, 2009

Everyone keeps saying that summer is over. I can't believe it. It can't be so.
This has been one of the busiest and craziest summers I can remember ever having.
This has been a summer of firsts and lasts, heartache and complete bliss.
I started out the summer with a trip to Ireland. I got close with some new friends, reconnected with some, and also drifted from others. I wish I could say that I have learned who I can trust but this summer has done nothing to help with that.

I know who I can count on to drop all in a second to help me, and who I can count on to forgive me when I do something incredibly dumb.

I got my first ticket this summer. It wasn't a speeding ticket or anything of the sort. I wish I had some awesome story to go with it, but as is usually the case with me it is a really bizarre story that is hard to believe. I got a $50 ticket for hiking at a forest preserve after it closed. I got there when it was still open (before dusk) but back tracking to get back to my car is a long task. The officer was sad to give me the ticket and apologized a number of times, but the damage was still done.

I also had some great bonding time with my cousin in July. We went Kayaking one morning. I got to drive my uncles truck. It was pretty great. My cousin and I also went 4-wheeling twice. I love her so much. She is one of the funniest people I know. I love her sense of humor, it is really something else entirely.

Dollar burger night will live on as one of the highlights of my week. There is just something magical about the night.
I always manage to be surounded by people I love when I am there. Andy and Tehra and the babies will randomly show up, or I have taken Ania, and Chloe. Anthony, thomas and some of their nephews even went along with Amber and I one night. That was a crazy, crazy time though.

I realized the true meaning of being an amazon. I can lift and move things that are insanely heavy. Im not sure when or how I became so strong. Im very impressed with myself. (if I can say that without sounding pompous)

I also played softball a few times for Cyrus ministries. Talk about stepping out of your comfort zone. There was this one time I was batting and I hit the ball and it was pretty great, and Aaron batted after me and between the two of us we got an RBI. HOORAY! Twin power right there.

Probably one of the greatest memories of my summer was camping out with Amber on her trampolin on a night of a meteor shower. We didn't realize it was a meteor shower so we thought we were extra lucky for seeing a billion shooting stars.
:]

I have had some pretty great times with my guy friends too. Shout out goes to Josh Boyd for teaching me the robot, and for teaching Amy and I alittle bit of choreography for a dance.

I also had alot of great times hanging out with Ryan. He is such a great friend. Im not sure what things would be like without his friendship.

I also had some fun times with Anthony and Thomas.


I also had many great experiences getting slurpies at 7-11.
Even though Chloe and I almost died after getting slurpies the one day.

Bon-fire with Ania. I will never forget her Beyonce music video shorts.

I managed to work only 4 hours a week. I told them I could work whenever, expecting to get alot of hours but due to low enrollment I ended up having only 4 hours a week. Pretty awful.

I can't even believe how big the babies are all getting. I can't help but talk about them without sounding like some baby hungry girl (Which I am definitely not).
They are so big, and now there is a 4th on the way. I can't even believe it. Those children bring me more joy then anyone could even imagine. I love when they play the mandolin or that retarded tin whistle that Ania couldn't figure what possessed me to buy it while we were in Ireland.
I love when the babies play them. It is so cute.


Lat night was a really bitter-sweet night for me. I met up with Chloe for dinner so that I could see her before she moves to the city for school. Naturally it was a great time, yet it was sad to think that we won't see each other as much in the very near future.

It has really been a great summer. I can't even try to recap all of the memories.
I'm not expecting the great times to end once summer does though.

I still have another year till I leave for school and I can't wait to see what happens between now and then.


well, I leave tomorrow to go help my sister move to a new apartment. Looks to be a long day of driving and carrying things.

No comments: