Monday, September 13, 2010

updates from the land of potatoes:

Friday afternoon I was with Elen driving to Art in The Park and I was telling her about how I needed to find work, and that I had filled out so many applications. (I filled out two just in the time I was with her)
I now can fill out an app in about 10 minutes, because I have all the numbers and information memorized. What is my old bosses number you may ask? Well I can tell you. What is the YMCA's address? oh that one is easy!! Challenge me!!!!!!!!! Sorry I am getting carried away!

Any ways... So I told Elen about all the apps I filled out, and she said "What I told my son when he was looking for a job is that you have to fill out 100 applications to get 10 interviews to get 1 job."
I don't like the idea of filling out 100 apps. So a night or two ago I wrote out all the places I had filled out apps for and I could remember 10 (though it's likely I filled out more).
Then today I was showering and well talking to God about how I need favor for a job, and that as long as He gives me one, I am cool with waiting on His timing. (A team girl at the Y made fun of me for singing in the shower, so I'm doing that less) While all this was going on in the shower (sounds scandalous!)I got a call from Dick's Sporting Goods, asking me about when I could do an interview!! I now have an interview wed at 1.
Ummmm HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Please be praying for me, that God grant me favor, and this job.


So there you have it... stalk worthy info for those that read my blog.

No comments: