Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I feel I owe all of you a bit more of an explanation about school and things. When I talk about skills that I have to do it refers to a skill like doing CPR or splinting a leg. These skills in and of themselves are not super complicated. what really makes it tough is that we are given skill sheets which take us though a step by step process by which we are to do these skills. If you don't hit all the steps points are deducted and some steps result in an immediate fail. Our medical and trauma assessments also follow the steps on the sheets.
    We have to have all of these sheets memorized by the time of our practical test.
        We won't be tested on all of them, but we need to know because they will randomly choose which ones they are going to test us on and we need to be ready.

                          This is our medical assessment sheet. The trauma one isn't quite as long.


In other news, I got my Christmas presents from my parents in the mail. I am so excited. If you know me at all you know that I love tea pots.  My dad got this one for me when he was in Uzbekistan. LOVE!!
                                                          They also got me a belly dancing wrap.

                                                                        Hooray!!!

     Today was my day off and after being in the house for a number of hours I just got restless. I cannot stand being trapped in the house. It is different in the summer when I can go outside and study but in the cold winter it is unbearable. I decided I would just go for a walk and talk with Jesus. It was a very productive talk, in case you were wondering. If you aren't already in the habit of doing so yourself, you should try it sometime.  I ended up at the grocery store down the street and got some fixings for Chocolate covered pretzels and some hot cocoa powder.


               
                                                          YAY!!!!!!!
                                                            They taste good too.
                            Now I need to get back to studying. Just thought I would share.

1 comment:

beka said...

Ah! Adorable tea pot!
Sweet belly-dancing wrap too. ;)
Yummo to the pretzels.