Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'll be home for Christmas, whatever it takes

Snuggles!!!
If you only knew what my day was like!!!
I got up at 5:30 after only having fallen asleep a few hours before.
I woke up and got to work making sure all my packing was in order. I then woke Brenda up at 6:05 so we would be good to go in 5 min. We get to the airport and Brenda tells me that I will have SOOO much time to get to my gate because my flight wasn't leaving until 7:45. I went to check in and it only printed one boarding pass for my first flight and told me I would have to check in with American Airlines once I landed in Denver. Have you ever been to the giant airport that is Denver??? So I walk on toward security with my ONE boarding pass in hand and my ID of course. I get to security and they want me to go through the body scanner. Brenda is an MRI tech and she said that those are dangerous because of the amount of radiation they use, there is a possibility of developing cancer. I had a mini melt down when the security guystarted asking me if I was wearing a watch and prepping me for the body scanner! AHHHH
I was like "can't I just go through that one *pointing to the regular detectors*??"
He said "not unless the guard over there invites you in". HOW RUDE!!!
I told him I wouldn't go through the scanner so he arranged for me to get a full body pat down. Really it wasn't a big deal. It was pretty much the same as trauma assessments that we practice doing in emt school every week. The lady took like 5 minutes to explain the procedure which consisted of which side of her hand she was going to use to feel different parts of my body. Little did she know that I lost all modesty when I put on my first competition leotard anyway.
So once I was done being felt up by a lady who was very professional I was good to go to my gate. I get there right as they started boarding.

When I was boarding the plane I got to the part where you gice the lady your boarding pass and she scans it, well she then told me (after I went through security and no one said anything obviously) that I had too many carry ons. I am only allowed two and I had three. The third carry on, get this, is a world map that is rolled up and in a tube. It was the size of a roll of Christmas wrapping paper. I about lost it. She told me she would check the bag but the problem was that I didn't even have my boarding pass for my next flight. I wasn't sure that I would get to the destination so how can she be sure my bag would get there? Then other flight crew showed up out of no where and told me that I cannot walk through the door with 3 carry ons. Then the guy behind me was sensing the distraught damsel vibes I was sending out and offered to carry it on for me. MY HERO!!!

He carried it for me like such a man, then he handed it to me when we got on the plane. The plane ride was as usual from there. It turns out the Kellen Moore was on the flight too. Kellen Moore (in case you aren't from Idaho) is pretty much a celebrity. He is the BSU quarterback. Pretty much A big deal. I thought I saw someone that looked like him waiting in the line. Even celebrities wait in lines!!! This gives me hope.

^^That is him. Pretty much a big deal^^

Once the plane landed I waited patiently while everyone took forever to get out of the plane. I Luckily knew my next flight's plane number from a print out itinerary. I walked off the plane and looked on the GIANT constantly changing screen for my flight info! I FOUND IT! A69.....but I am in the B concourse. I started walking down the B concourse thinking that when the B numbers get to 1 and then run out then A should be there right?? Nope! The hall ended. I had only an hour till my next flight takes off. I remembered this airport now and how my family almost missed their flight to Las Vegas because of our 45 minute layover and having to cross the airport. I asked an airport personnel and got directed to go back the way from which I had come then keep going and take the escalators down and get on the train to the A concourse! OMGSH!!! I did go all that way and even had some small talk with a lady on the train about my headband and whether the writing on it was French or not. She was French and discovered that it is indeed not french. Oh well.
I got to my gate with plenty of time to spare. I checked in and sat down, took out my laptop and won a game of chess. HOORAY!
The airplane was the smallest thing ever so they had to give me and many other passengers a "Valet" tag and check my biggest carry on. No more issues with the whole 3 carry on thing.
I got some studying done on the plane and all went well from there.
I am now in a warm bed trying to combat the ridiculous cold that is here in the Mid-West. I forgot how cold it gets.


So that is what my morning consisted of! The flight back had best not be anything like this was.

1 comment:

beka said...

Wow. Scanner and carry-on drama!! Dang!
Yeah...scanner...sounds creepy....dangerous... :P
Glad there was a nice guy there to carry that map for ya, dear:)