Monday, June 13, 2011

I have this friend with a beautiful gift and heart!!

A friend of mine wrote this on her blog and it about made me start to cry my eyes out. She has beautiful words and an even more beautiful heart. I can say these things about her because I have seen her through her rough times and have seen her when her heart is alive! I love this girl!




"for our last small group today my leader had us draw (yes, with crayons) a picture of our relationship with God right now. then we were suppose to draw out what we wanted our God relationship to look like.
i drew this really radiant sun in a perfectly blue sky that beamed above the earth, which is were i drew me standing far below, looking up at the sun. or...something like that. anyway, after i drew the first picture i began thinking about the second one and after a couple minutes i wrote this on the second half of my paper.
"i thought about drawing God more on my level, but then I realized I still want someone above my problems and brokenness."
To me, God is someone I can relate to, He's approachable. Like the sun, He warms my life with good things, and my life revolves around Him. much like the earth revolves around the sun. He deserves respect and awe because He is unthinkably beautiful and powerful. When I can't see the sun, i know it still there in the sky. Sometimes it doesn't seem like God sees me, but i know He still does. I just feel like the sun is a great analogy for God. at least for where i am in my life right now. and I'm content with that."

No comments: