Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ecuador- another chapter

It's almost here. The thing I have been waiting 4 years for.
I leave today for my first Medical Mission trip.
For those of you who have been on this journey with me for a while know where I am at.
For those of you that haven't let me tell you, it have been a long, hard, and WONDERFUL journey.

It started with my cross-country move from my house in Illinois to Idaho.
I moved in with a lady and her mom whom I had never met.
I have developed a relationship with these women that I wouldn't trade for anything. They have been a HUGE blessing in my life and I could never thank them enough.
I met so many new people.
Watched my parents move to the other side of the globe.
Pushed through EMT school and the 4 tests required to get nationally certified.
Two Skills practicals and two written tests.
All the while working as a barista.
Mission Medic class started the same week as my last EMT classes.
I learned how to poke people with needles, start IVs,
and place stitches along with so many other skills.
I spent Christmas with a wonderful family that took me into their home and shared their life with me for a number of days.
Was blessed with a number of beautiful friends that encourage me and help me be brave.
Got involved in salsa dancing which helped heal my knee immensely and brought even more great people into my life.
I gained an unbelievable amount of medical knowledge.
Mostly I learned what it meant to be brave. 
I leave today for Ecuador to do the very thing that I have dreamed of for years.
To do beautiful things in broken places.
Thank you for all the support and encouragement over the years, this year in particular. 
You mean the world to me! 
I will updates you on the Ecuador trip as soon as I can. 



mini-me showing her Mission Medic support!



Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

2 comments:

Joe Holda said...

Good Luck Hanna! We will be praying for you!!!

MY.INKED.LYFE said...

you are beautiful. I've been SO blessed to get to share a part of your journey with you. keeping you in my prayers love. i know you'll change the world.